Year in Review
Revisión del año
Back in November and December of 2018, St. Lawrence participated in a survey from the Catholic Leadership Institute, as part of our diocesan vision of Courageously Living the Gospel. This survey, along with listening sessions, aided us in getting many insights of the state of the parish and needs that many parishioners saw for our parish in the future.
Here are the top three strengths that came up from our survey:
Areas of Improvement
Here are the top three areas of improvement that came up from our survey:
Where do We Go from Here?
The results of this survey and input from listening sessions, staff, clergy, and diocesan representatives, have been the building blocks of a plan that we believe will help our community grow as disciples of Jesus Christ. This plan has been grouped into three main areas, as outlined in the Courageously Living the Gospel vision:
- Aiding people in all stages of family life (single, married, widowed, etc.) gain a stronger relationship with Jesus Christ and the community of St. Lawrence.
- Equipping all at St. Lawrence to take the next steps towards incorporating Evangelization into their every day life.
- Providing many opportunities for our young people to journey with and grow in their love for Jesus Christ.
Highlights of this vision at St. Lawrence
- Offer one Family Service and Retreat Day by May 31, 2020
- Offer 6-10 Immigration assistance workshops on topics like legal aspects of immigration and ESL classes by May 31 2020
- Offer 10-15 community events after weekend Masses by May 31 2020
- Forming 10-15 Small Faith Sharing Groups by January 31, 2020
- Offer a parish wide multi-generational event by December 2019
- Offer 4-6 “life coaching” sessions on finance, stress, mental health, etc. by May 31, 2020
- Offer a day EDGE Middle School Youth Ministry retreat by May 2020
- Develop a Youth Ministry Evangelization Team of 8-10 of older teenagers and adults that would be trained in relational ministry and evangelization by June 2020
- Create an intercessory adoration team of 8-10 people who will pray for our teens by name every week during Eucharistic Adoration by October 2019