St. Lawrence Youth Athletic Program
Description: The St. Lawrence Youth Athletic Program (YAP) was organized in 2008 to promote sport activities in accordance with Catholic teachings for the youth of St. Lawrence Catholic Church and the Diocese of St. Petersburg Community. Through athletics we endeavor to help young people be Christ-like in the way they live and further the formation of their Christian values.
The organization develops athletic programs for elementary grade-levels, pre-K through 4th grade, and has touched the lives of over 1,500 children since its inception, including over 650 children in four sports in 2010-2011. We strive to create a safe and fun environment for the children, provide specific instruction to develop the skill-level of each child to their greatest potential and promote good sportsmanship, self-discipline and teamwork in all activities to aid in the personal growth of the children and all families involved.
Everyone involved in YAP does so in a youth ministry capacity and strive to act as a model of Christian values and beliefs at all times. The Board of Directors, Advisor’s, Sports Commissioner’s, coaches, referees, field maintenance staff and concession stand workers freely volunteer their time and effort to the program. Each year it takes over 100 volunteers to bring soccer, football, lacrosse, basketball and cheerleading to the children of our parish and Diocese. We would like to thank all these individuals for helping make YAP what it has become in three short years.
YAP is also blessed by the unwavering commitment of the parish, school, families and businesses that sponsor our programs. Without this assistance we could not fulfill our mission and thank everyone for their continued support!
We welcome both you and your children to YAP and are excited about the opportunity to get to know your family. As you begin to understand what YAP is, and what we stand for, we hope you consider giving of your talents to continue to grow this program for the future. Being a small part of a child’s life in a fun atmosphere is a rewarding and unforgettable experience.
Membership Requirements: Active parishioner within the Diocese of St. Petersburg.
Time Commitment: Volunteers of the Youth Athletic Program consist of board members, advisors, sports commissioners, webmaster, coaches, referees, concession assistants, and field maintenance crew. The time commitment can vary depending on the role.
Ministry Activities: For more information regarding activities offered, please click here.
9:30 am (Family Mass)
11:00 am (Signed)
5:00 pm (en Español)
Monday - Friday
6:30 am & 8:30 am
Saturday - 8:30 am
OLPH Novena follows
Martes 7:00 pm
5:00 pm (en Español)
2:45 pm - 3:45 pm
4:00 pm (en Español)
following the 8:30 am Mass
and at 6:00 pm
Last Saturday of
the month following the
8:30 AM daily Mass and
within the context of the
Novena to Our Lady
of Perpetual Help
Events at a Glance
- St. Lawrence School Pot O Gold winners daily!
- Feast of All Saints November 1, 2014 Mass Schedule
- Veterans Honored the weekend of Nov 8 - 9, 2014 at all Masses
- All Souls Procession and Mass for those with family members deceased during the year
- First Friday Confessions November 7, 2014
- Please RSVP for our FINAL Forward in Faith Capital Campaign reception Wednesday night, October 29, 2014 at 7:00 PM
- Wall of Remembrance in back of the church during November for photos of your deceased loved ones
- Fr. Tom’s Annual Halloween Candy Collection at all of our weekend Masses on November 1 & 2, 2014
- Mass to honor those who have retired or will retire during 2014 at the 12:30pm Mass on Sunday November 9, 2014
- Matthew 25 Outreach Ministry Special Thanksgiving Food Collection weekend of November 15-16, 2014